Hey there! I’m Lesley, the founder and CEO of Lantern.
Why did I start Lantern? Because I love helping people find inspiration and live their dream lives! By using the skills I’ve built & doing the things I love doing, I get to light a spark in my clients’ businesses and help them shine.
You’re overwhelmed and want to gain control of your business. I’m here to help.
Entrepreneurship is tough. And it can be lonely. There are never-ending to-do lists and your great ideas just never seem to get done.
Most entrepreneurs are so bogged down by marketing, administrative work and putting out fires that they never get time to work in the zone of genius.
And that’s not to mention all the skills you need to learn in order to tick off your to-do list!
That’s where I come in.
I’m here, with the help of my awesome team, to help you gain control of your business so you can focus on what makes you shine (the brilliant work you started your business for)! I work with you to assess your needs and where your time is best spent. Then, we hash out a custom plan that fits your budget to help you get back on your path.
Check out what Keli-Ann says…
Well, there are no university degrees out there to become a virtual assistant (yet…). I’ve always had an entrepreneurial impulse and a zest for learning, which eventually brought me to creating Lantern.
I’ve got a Bachelor of Arts (Anthropology) from Mount Allison University and a Bachelor of Education (Secondary) from Memorial University of Newfoundland & Labrador. I loved both degrees but they never landed me in careers that were a great fit or completely fulfilling.
Out in the real world, I’ve gained my practical skills by:
- building the volunteer coordinator position from the ground up at a local animal welfare organization;
- moving the inconsistent volunteer presence to a strong, high functioning, reliable program;
- building multiple training and procedures manuals;
- helping others feel good about themselves as an online health and wellness coach;
- running health and fitness challenges and posting valuable content on social media;
- tutoring adult learners on a virtual platform and creating engaging lessons for high school learners;
- building and monetizing my former lifestyle blog called By the Porchlight;
- and all kinds of other nuggets learned over the past decade.
And best of all, I strive to learn something new every day.